Thursday 23 September 2010

New London Family History Blog

This is my first blog post so I thought I should introduce myself.  My name is Rosemary Morgan and I am passionate about Genealogy.  I have started this London Family History blog because I have found researching my London ancestors to be both challenging and fascinating.  Compared to researching in the "counties", which I have found much more straightforward, my London ancestors tended to move around between parishes, often crossing the Thames in the process and be far more difficult to track down.

So this blog is for both amateur and professional genealogists who would like to know more about researching in London.  I hope to be able keep you up-to-date with London news and events relating to genealogy.

I would be happy to receive any feedback or suggestions for this site.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the geneabloggers family!
    Regards,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant idea for a resource, Rosemary!
    One (large!) topic that you might consider is the changes made to street-names (or their obliteration in the course of redevelopment) for these can make the accurate locating of addresses found in a variety of records especially challenging.
    All the best,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete